YOUTH COURSE: Foundation Skills (Lvl 1/2)
This 1 year course offers a range of life and work skill-building opportunities and the opportunity to gain NZ Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 1 & 2) and NCEA Level 1.
Please click on the headings below to expand the corresponding content.
> Course Outline:
Don't know where you're heading or what you want to do?
Foundation Skills is a Level 1 & 2 course offering a range of skill-building opportunities and the assistance you need to make a plan for your future.
The course covers:
- Activity based learning;
- Teamwork, lifes skills & communication;
- Customer service;
- Personal wellness & life skills;
- Employment skills & teamwork;
- Embedded literacy & numeracy
> Qualifications Offered: Level 1
As part of this course you will have the opportunity to complete the qualifications below. Please click on the links for more details on the qualification.
> Location: Dunedin
> Duration: 1 year, Monday to Friday
This fulltime course runs for 45-46 weeks, Monday to Friday, including 4 weeks recess.
> Start Dates: 7 February 2018 and please contact the college for other dates
Please contact the college for further details.
Community College Dunedin
23 Dowling Street, Dunedin 9016
0800 887 005 or (03) 477 7790
> Course Fees & Eligibility: FREE for 16-19 year olds *
To participate in this course and qualify for free training under the Youth Guarantee initiative, students must:
- be 16-19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee programme;
- be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency;
- be prepared to study full-time for 1 year in a level 1-3 programme;
- not be enrolled in school & a Youth Guarantee programme simultaneously;