YOUTH COURSE: Hospitality (Level 2)
This year long course will be an exciting start to your hospitality career and gives you the opportunity to gain a Level 2 New Zealand Certificate in Hospitality as well as NCEA Level 1 & 2.
Please click on the headings below to expand the corresponding content.
> Course Outline:
Through this course you will learn general kitchen skills, how to make great coffee, prepare a cafe quality sandwich and serve it all with a smile.
The course covers:
- Food preparation & cookery;
- Menu planning & design;
- Food service in a cafe/restaurant;
- Hospitality industry visits;
- Espresso coffee & beverage training;
- Customer service & food safety;
- Personal & professional presentation;
- Literacy & numeracy support
> Qualifications Offered: Level 2
As part of this course you will have the opportunity to complete the qualifications below. Please click on the links for more details on the qualification.
> Location: Rangiora, North Canterbury
> Duration: 1 year, Monday to Friday
This fulltime course runs for 45-46 weeks, Monday to Friday, including 4 weeks recess.
> Start Dates: 7 February 2018
Please contact the college for further details.
Community College North Canterbury
140 East Belt, Rangiora 7400
(03) 313 5874; email@example.com
> Course Fees & Eligibility: FREE for 16-19 year olds *
To particpate in this course and qualify for free training under the Youth Guarantee initiative, students must:
- be 16-19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee programme;
- be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency;
- be prepared to study full-time for 1 year in a level 1-3 programme;
- not be enrolled in school & a Youth Guarantee programme simultaneously;
Contact: Faye Gread
Phone: (03) 313 5874
Mobile: 029 770 5423
Address: 140 East Belt, Rangiora