YG: Hairdressing - Level 3
This course is ideal if you'd like to learn the skills to work in hairdressing or retail service
while gaining a Level 3 New Zealand Certificate in Hairdressing (Salon Support).
Please click on the headings below to expand the corresponding content.
> Course Outline:
This course is ideal if you wish to make a move into the hairdressing and retail service sectors.
The course covers:
- Salon assistant & customer service skills
- Shampooing & blow-waving
- Elementary colour techniques
- Styling hair into hair-ups
- Retail sales & services
- Personal & professional presentation
- Literacy & numeracy support
Please click on the headings below to expand more detail.
> Qualifications Offered: Level 3
As part of this course you will have the opportunity to complete the qualifications below.
Please click on the links for more details on the qualification.
> Location: Invercargill, Southland
> Duration: 1 year, Monday to Friday
This fulltime programme runs Monday to Friday for approx 45-46 weeks, including 4 weeks recess.
> Start Dates: February 2019 - Please contact the College for future dates
Please contact the college for further 2019 start dates and details.
4th Floor Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill
0800 887 007
(03) 214 3090
> Course Fees & Eligibility: FREE for 16-19 year olds *
To participate in this course and qualify for free training under the Youth Guarantee initiative,
- be 16-19 years of age at the start of the Youth Guarantee programme;
- be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency;
- be prepared to study full-time for 1 year in a level 1-3 programme;
- not be enrolled in school & a Youth Guarantee programme simultaneously;
Contact: Trudy Beck
Freephone: 0800 887 007
(03) 214 3090
Level 4, Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill