Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
We have a vacancy for a skilled and motivated person to provide key administration support.
Community College NZ is a charitable company which is an accredited tertiary education provider offering quality practical learning programmes and client based services in a safe and supportive environment.
We are looking for a friendly, informative, and welcoming receptionist to join the Southland Community College.
As a receptionist, you will serve as a positive first impression of the College at all times, while handling the daily responsibilities of a receptionist with efficiency and ease. You will answer inquiries, provide information to students, clients and visitors, and maintain an organised front desk.
Position is Permanent Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, between the hours of 08:30 – 16:30 and based in Invercargill City.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone inquiries, direct calls, and provide basic College information
- Perform clerical duties, maintain files, and organise documents, etc.
- Monitor front desk and comply with all security procedures for visitors
- Assist in planning College events, meetings, luncheons, and employee team building activities
- Make travel arrangements, answer emails, and correspond, as needed
- Oversee mail deliveries/pick-ups, packages, and couriers
- Purchase, track, and invoice office supplies
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- No specific qualification required
- Prior experience handling receptionist responsibilities; experience in customer service or related field
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Highly organised multitasker who works well in an ever changing environment
- Excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn and assist tutoring staff, as required
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and covering letter to:
The Manager, Southland Community College
Applications close on: Friday 19 October 2018
Contact: Amanda Jarvie
Freephone: 0800 887 007
(03) 214 3090
Level 4, Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill