Youth Advisor - Dunedin
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth? Do you have a passion for working with youth and a natural ability to build rapport with them?
Then, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Youth Service team as one of our Youth Advisors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about working with youth to keep them engaged
in education or training. All relevant training will be provided, however experience working with youth would
Youth Service provides mentoring and support to NEET clients; 16 and 17 years, who are at risk of being Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET). We also work with young parents and young people aged 16-20 years,
who are receiving financial assistance from the government.
This is a busy role so you will need to be organised, energetic and have good time management skills.
Your ability to use initiative, be a self-starter and a team player are all vital for this role. The target is that all clients achieve NCEA Level 2 (or an equivalent qualification) and successfully transition onto further education or employment and achieve long term financial independence.
The key tasks include:
- Strong computer literacy and administration skills
- Ability to manage a caseload of clients with a wide variety of needs
- Proven ability in the youth sector
- Ability to negotiate and develop positive relationships with clients and the wider group of stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines, targets and reporting requirements
- Proven ability to solve challenging problems
- Demonstrated planning and organisation skills
Eligible applicants must:
- Clear a Police background check
- Hold a current, full, clean NZ drivers licence
How to apply
If this sounds like your next career move then we look forward to hearing from you.
Apply with CV, cover letter and application form to: email@example.com
For further information please contact Chrissy Hollamby.
Applications close 25th October 2019