Youth Advisor - Southland
We are seeking applicants for a fixed term Maternity Leave position.
- The position is fixed term, 8.30 am - 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday until 29th May 2020
- Applications close 15 September 2019
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of our youth? Do you have a passion for working alongside
youth and a natural ability to build rapport with them?
Then, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Youth Service team as one of our Youth Advisors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is passionate about working with youth to keep them engaged
in education or training. All relevant training will be provided, however experience working with youth would
Youth Service is run by Community Colleges New Zealand, a charitable company delivering foundation
education and transition services across the South Island.
The service provides mentoring and support with NEET clients, 16 and 17 years, who are at risk
of being Not in Employment, Education or Training. We also work with 16 - 19 year old young parents
and other 16 and 17 year old young people who are receiving financial assistance from the government.
This is a busy role so you will need to be organised, energetic and have good time management skills.
Your ability to use initiative, be a self-starter and a team player are all vital for this role. The target is that
all clients achieve NCEA Level 2 (or an equivalent qualification) and successfully transition onto further
education or employment.
THE KEY TASKS INCLUDE:
- Coaching young people 1:1 to identify goals and provide the support and pathways to help them achieve them
- Motivate young people to stay in school or further education
- Network with schools and stakeholders
- Interviewing and enrolling young people into the NEET Youth service
- Manage client caseload
- Keep up to date records
- Support young people in the transition from school to further education
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS MUST:
- Clear a Police background check
- Hold a current, full, clean NZ drivers licence
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like your next career move then we look forward to hearing from you.
Apply with CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
For more information on the role please contact Sarah at 0800 887 007
Note: Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency status or be
legally entitles to work in New Zealand.
Application closing date is 15th Sep 2019
Contact: Trudy Beck
Freephone: 0800 887 007
(03) 214 3090
Level 4, Menzies Building, 3 Esk Street, Invercargill